Snickerdoodle Cookies

Hello!!!
This week I’m sharing with you my best cinnamon cookie recipe; it’s just so delicious and gooey on the inside and it’s also very easy to make! (By the way I used my softened butter method to make these).

So lets get right into the recipe…
This recipe comes from one of my favourite books called: “Objetivo Galleta Perfecta”



Snickerdoodle Cookies
115g of softened butter
120g of sugar + 2 tbsp.
40g of brown sugar
225g of flour
½ tsp. of bicarbonate of soda
1 egg
2 tbsp. of cinnamon




First sift the flour, bicarb and 1 tbsp. of cinnamon into a small bowl. Now preheat your oven to 180ºC In a larger bowl mix the butter with the two types of sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy. Now incorporate the egg into the butter mixture. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter (add it in 3 or 4 intervals). (I added some sprinkles to the dough at this point to make them extra special!). Once the dough is ready cover it with clean wrap and place it in the fridge for 20 mins; the dough will be very sticky so don’t panic now). Once the dough has chilled prepare two tins with parchment paper and reserve. Now in a container or another bowl place the leftover 2 tbsp. of sugar with 1 tbsp. of cinnamon and mix briefly. Now you can make the balls of dough (I weighed my dough and then divided it into the number of portions which I wanted, but you can just eyeball it), then place them in the sugar-cinnamon mixture until well covered. Place them in the oven for about 14 mins or until you can see that they’ve spread and are crispy in the edges. (Remember to spread them out on the tin because they grow quite a lot!)





Now just enjoy the cinnamony cookies and share them with your friends (or eat them all by yourself! Jajaja)

Oh! and here is a picture of a really yummy dessert I ate in the Mercado de San Juan in Palma this week...




Lucia

Comments