My Dream School, Hotelschool The Hague

A week after we went to the Oxford Brooke's Open Day, we went to the Netherlands. We were already planning to go there for my dad’s best friend’s birthday. Whilst researching good universities for hospitality, we obviously saw all of the tow Swiss universities. I didn’t fall in love with any of them, so I didn’t even want to visit any. 


We didn’t have any Oliebollen this time around (probably because it wasn't even close to Christmas time yet and we typically only eat them for the New Year), although we saw a stand one morning. I’d already had them many times before, as we have spent the New Year there before.



After surprising my dad’s friend and having his party celebrations, we got showed around some places we hadn’t already visited. We went to Breda one day, and I had my first Poffertjes in many years.


The fourth university we saw on the list of best Hospitality and Management Universities was Hotelschool the Hague, a little university in South Holland. It is a school which only does Hospitality and Business Management, which I really love. They offer a Bachelor’s degree, a Master’s degree and a fast Track programme. There were no open days for the time we were going to be in the Netherlands, so we asked the school if we could get a tour any of the days we were there, and they kindly agreed to have 2 first year students show us around and explain the programme to us. They were *incredibly* nice, polite and above all hospitable.


I quickly fell in love with the school and the campus. It is a small school, which gives me a sense of familiarity, as my current school is very small too. So as soon as I got back home, I decided to begin the application process. After a couple months I got invited to a Selection Day, which I unfortunately can’t go to because of the current public health situation in the world. I am now awaiting my online Selection Day and interview, for which I am very excited! I will update this blog on whether I get in or not. Hopefully it’ll be good news!!


Lots of love,

Lucia x

Comments